How do you decorate a fireplace mantel 2020?
How do you decorate a fireplace mantel 2020?
For an easy fireplace mantel decorating idea, hang a mirror in the middle and a sconce on either side. Anchor the mantel with a larger vase in front of the mirror and fill in with smaller accessories, such as vases, candlesticks, and decorative objects. Pick up on colors and materials found elsewhere in the room.
What can I put in the center of my mantle?
Add some faux (or real) floral stems or greenery to the vases. The stems on each side won’t match exactly, but make sure the arrangements are balanced—similar height and fullness on each side. Other ways to add life to a mantel include flowers, potted plants, and candles.
How do you arrange things on the mantle?
- Treat the mantel as you would a piece of furniture.
- Use items of different shapes and sizes.
- Layer items in front of each other.
- Create a formal display with symmetry.
- Give your display room to breathe.
- In most displays, odds are usually better than evens.
- Lean items like framed art and mirrors against the wall.
How do you display a book on the mantle?
Display books on your fireplace mantel. When using them as accessories, remove dust jackets to reveal book bindings, then stick to 3 or 4 colors to keep it looking harmonious. Try them stacked, upright, leaning, or a mix of all three.
How would Joanna Gaines decorate a mantel?
Joanna Gaines’ Best Tips for Decorating Your Mantel
- Add an anchor. We’re not talking nautical flourishes, rather, include an anchoring piece like a mirror, sculpture, piece of art, or wreath or floral arrangement to be the focal point of the space.
- Display some greenery.
- Include some sentimental pieces.
How do you style a long mantel?
Consider balancing your mantel with a center focal piece, such as a mirror or piece of artwork. Taper objects away from the middle piece in descending height order to accentuate the focal point and maintain equilibrium. Shelves as end pieces provide extra storage.
How do you display an oversized book?
- Re-appropriate Your Bar Cart With Books.
- Incorporate Books Into a Picture Ledge.
- Display Your Books on (or Below) a Windowsill.
- Use a Hutch or Buffet to Display Your Books.
- Take Advantage of Hard to Reach Storage.
- Display Your Books On the Mantel.
- Or, Put Your Books in the Fireplace.
- Simply Stack Them.
How do you display a book on a shelf?
The basic rule of thumb for decorating bookshelves: one-third books, one-third accessories, and one-third empty space per shelf. If you’re short on storage, fill the bottom shelf with identical boxes or baskets. Organize 60 percent of books vertically and 40 percent horizontally to create both balance and spontaneity.
How big is chip and Joanna’s house?
If you love Chip and Joanna Gaines as much as we do, seeing glimpses of their stunning farmhouse on HGTV’s Fixer Upper, has most likely left you wanting more. Their 1,700-square-foot Victorian home sits on 40 beautiful acres in Crawford, Texas, a suburb of Waco.
How do I choose a fireplace mantel color?
The general rule of thumb is for a fireplace mantel to be a neutral color. This ensures the mantel will blend with the room even if the colors are changed. Likewise, it keeps the mantel from standing out too much. If you want to paint your mantel, white and off white colors like ivory are generally a good choice.
How do I decorate my mantle?
Try this strategy, which is one of the easiest fireplace mantel decorating ideas ever: Hang a mirror in the middle and a sconce on either side. Anchor the mantel with a larger vase in front of the mirror and fill in with smaller accessories, such as vases, candlesticks, and decorative objects.
What to put on mantle?
Here are a few things to put on a fall mantel…. pumpkins. cotton bolls. leaves. wheat sheaves. bottles of twigs. acorns. pinecones.
How do you make a fireplace surround?
1. Build the pillars for the fireplace surround out of MDF. Begin by cutting the front and sides for the pillars out of 3/4″ MDF. Drill pocket holes on the back side of the front piece and connect the sides with 1-1/4″ pocket screws and glue. Cut 3 inner pillar supports per pillar out of 1×3 furring strips.
How do you decorate a fireplace?
Decorating the Inside Make sure that the fireplace is clean, and free of ashes and soot when it is not in use. Add color and fragrance with flowers. Place a ceramic piece inside. Put a basket with magazines or craft items inside. Put candles inside the fireplace and light them in the evenings.